Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- China has produced 13.5464 mln mt of starch in 2018; up 15.05%.
- China has produced 84,800 mt of premixed flour in 2018; up 15.37%.
- China has produced 435,300 mt of light cream in 2018.
- China has produced 39.2334 mln mt of apples in 2018; down 5.21%.
- Steamed bread (mantou) and stuffed bun (baozi) chain Babi Mantou is considering a listing.
- Qiandaohu (Hangzhou, Zhejiang) has launched a Chicory and Gardenia Tea in single portions.
- Construction has started of the Yihai Kerry Food Industry Park in Qingdao (Shandong), named after cooking oil maker Yihai Kerry. Major products will be flour and peanut and sesame oil.
- Tsingdao Beer has generated a turnover of RMB 16.551 billion in the first half of 2019; up 9.22%.
- The total turnover of the Chinese restaurant business in the first 7 months of 2019 was RMB 220 mln; up 11.2%.