Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- Pu’er Coffee has been officially recognized as a protected regional type of coffee.
- The Guangdong Microbiology Research Institute has developed a wine yeast strain for the production of beta-carotene.
- Sandunban has launched a series of oat milk drinks with natural and coconut flavours.
- Nongfu Spring has launched a series of milk tea drinks with jasmin, red tea and oolong flavours.
- Wahaha has launched a series of hyaluronic acid beverages with peach, lime and orange flavours.
- Duxiaotian has launched coffee flavoured chocolate beans.
- Pengpengdai has launched a new type of thin-skin dumplings that can be boilded directly from the freezer.
- Shuilandundun has launched a series of instant fruit tea in jasmin red bean, coconut mango and coconut latte flavours.
- Yongpu has launched a new type of tea concentrate.
- Wantwant has launched a yoghurt enriched with 5 mg of ferroglobuline.
- A1 has launched a series of crispy noodles made from a mix of wheat and rice flour.
- 21Beauty has launched a high-fibre drink that is said to improve one’s complexion.
- Poultry processor Springsnow Food (Yantai) was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Oct 13.
- The Chinese market for fizzy water was worth RMB 5.810 billion in 2020.
- Milkana has launched fruit-filled cheese balls.
- The value of the Chinese market for quick frozen hotpot materials for 2021 is estimated at RMB 49 billion and will rise to RMB 83.2 billion by 2027.
- The 13th China International Pickle Food Exhibition will be held in Meishan, Sichuan, from Nov 1 to 5.