Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- According to the Chinese Milk Quotient report published by the China Dairy Industry Association and Dutch dairy producer Royal FrieslandCampina last month in Beijing, most Chinese adults consume yogurt and milk while teenagers tend to like cheese.
- Yanjing Brewing (Beijing) is expanding its natto production capacity to 1000 mt p.a.
- Wahaha Beverage (Hangzhou, Zhejiang) is denying the rumour that it is seeking buyers for its Coca Cola imitation Future Cola.
- Protein beverage maker Vitasoy has generated a turnover of HK$ 7.526 billion in the accounting year March 2018 – March 2019.
- Infant formula maker and former partner of Fonterra Beingmate (Hangzhou, Zhejiang) is leasing out two of its dairy farms.
- Today’s China Food Newspaper opens with a one-page feature entitled: ‘let Chinese infants drink domestic milk’.
- Taoli, one of China’s largest bread makers, has announced that it intends to sell off its subsidiary in Changsha, Hunan.
- Insiders mention that only 14% of the liquid milk currently sold in China is pasteurized milk.
- China’s top distillers want to join in increased the export. Currently, only 1.9% of the domestic production is exported.
- Yili Dairy (Inner Mongolia) has launched a protein beverage based on soy beans.
- Orion (Guangzhou) has announced it will add french fries to its product range.
- The China Light Industry Top 50 list has been published. The top 5 are