Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- Chongqing Brewing has generated a turnover of RMB 3.176 bln; down 0.64%. However, the net profit was RMB 329 mln, up 82.03%.
- The same figures for spirit maker Luzhou Laojiao are RMB 10.395 bln (up 20.5%) and RMB 2.558 bln (up 30.69%).
- China is rapidly becoming the largest importer of Russian chocolate. China was good for 12.5% of the Russian exports of 2017. For the first 2 months of 2018, this rate has increased to 17.5%.
- Chinese inspection authorities have issued warnings to 4 producers of infant formulae, Nestlé, Feihe, Mead Johnson and Meilu (M.Love) regarding various problems with their production facilities.
- The enzyme glucose oxidase from Penicillium chrysogenum has been approved for use in food by experts of the State Food Safety Hazard Assessment Centre and the approvement process is now in the stage of awaiting comments from the public.
- Spirit maker Wuliangye has launched a campaign for its new products with lower alcohol content.
- According to the State Statistical Bureau of China the country has produced 15.43 mln mt of pork during the first quarter of 2018; up 2.1%.
- Yili Dairy (Inner Mongolia) has launched a new type of energy drink branded Huanxingyuan.
- China has produced 12395600 mt of canned food in 2017; up 3.75%.