Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- Nestlé has entered the growing Chinese oatmeal market with its own brands.
- FreeNow has launched a ready-to-drink coconut milk and coffee drink.
- Yili Dairy has launched a high-protein milk.
- China has imported 250,000 mt of aquatic produce in February 2022; up 62.2%.
- China has imported 290,000 mt of cooking oil in February 2022; down 63%.
- China has imported 410,000 mt of sugar in February 2022; down 5.3%.
- China has imported 510,000 mt of meat in February 2022; down 29.1%.
- China has imported 200,000 hls of wine in February 2022; down 19.3%.
- China has exported 40.000 mt of apples in February 2022; down 34%.
- China has imported 290,000 hls of beer in February 2022; up 21.6%.
- China has exported 160,000 mt of beef in February 2022; down 3.4%.
- Wuyang (Five Rams) ice cream is another old famous Chinese food brand that has been successfully revived.
- The powdered chlamydomonas reinhardtii of Touyun Bio-Engineering has been approved as food ingredient.
- Yashili has founded the Niuya Cow Milk Co. in Inner Mongolia.
- The Chinese imports of nutritional supplements in 2021 was values at USD 5.18 billion.
- The total value generated by the Chinese catering industry in the first 4 months of 2022 exceeded RMB 1.3 trillion.
- Japanese Morinaga Milk’s probiotic infant formula has been approved by China health authorities.
- China has imported 1,930,000 mt of maize in February 2022; up 8.4%.
- China has imported 680,000 mt of wheat in February 2022; down 30.4%.
- China has imported 280,000 mt of fresh and frozen vegetables in February 2022; down 12.5%.
- Insiders expect the value of the Chinese biological food market to rise to RMB 107 billion in 2023.
- Insiders estimate that the 2022 Chinese market for Light Eating (low salt, fat and sugar) will reach RMB 132.2 billion; up 43%.
- A new Chinese polyol (xylitol) producer, Tanghetang, has started production; with a capacity of 15,000 mt p.a.
- China has produced 9.693 mln mt of salt in the first 3 months of 2022; up 3%.
- China has produced 443.54 mln hls of soft drinks in the first 3 months of 2022; up 6%.
- China has produced 81.6 mln hls of beer in the first 3 months of 2022; down 1.5%.
- Yanjing Brewing produced 36.2 mln hls of beer in 2021 and a turnover of RMB 11.96 billion; up 9.5%.
- Chinese exports of seafood in the first 3 months of 2022 amounted to USD 5.141 billion; up 15.67%.