Eurasia Consult scans the food news from China on a daily basis.
On this page, we regularly drop a few lines of what we believe to be interesting information picked up during all that scanning. We will select items that do usually not reach the international media. We will make an effort to start with a clean page each Monday.
- The cheese stick brand Cheespirit has launched a product with high calcium and added vitamin C.
- EastRoc has launched a new energy drink containing vitamins B1, B2 and B6, caffeine, taurine and nicotinic acid.
- Laojin Mofang has launched DHA enriched nuts for young children.
- Meiji’s new plant in Tianjin has officially started operations.
- Starbucks Coffee aims to operate 9000 outlets in China in 2025; up from the current 6200 stores.
- Continuous rain has prevented the normal ripening and harvesting of wheat in Henan, China’s top wheat-producing region says the country’s Ministry of Agriculture.
- Insiders expect China’s tea tree oil production to increase to 2 mln mt by 2025.
- Nestlé has relaunched its Nana banana ice cream after an eight-year break.
- The Chinese catering business is reporting a sharp decline in sales of ready-to-eat meals.
I will be travelling for a couple of weeks, so less able to add news as you are use to.